Saturday, October 27, 2007

I now am decided

...what I will do after college. I will go to Med school, after which I shall go to Doctorate studies. A long time ago, I told my parents that if I couldn't decide which postgrad studies to take, I shall have to take both. Now I am decided, yet I chose to take both.

After countless questions left unanswered and months of dormant thinking, it was only now that I realized, without pondering too much, which postgrad degree to take first. My ultimate goal is to cure lots of people. And in preparation for my medical research I shall have to undergo Medicine first. In med, I will be able to cure patients one at a time, but in PhD, I may be able to cure lots of patients at a time: one time big time! So I will treat med school as a stepping stone to PhDing. Hopefully, through my medschool experience and the rigorous research, the world can be a better place and a lot more disease-free. Ahaha.

Now I know how to answer people asking me why I chose MBB over Intarmed (besides the fact that I hadn't been interviewed). Had I chosen Intarmed, I wouldn't have been able to come across this realization, and I wouldn't have envisioned myself being able to help more people. So yehey, another cause for celebration!!!

No comments: