Saturday, December 13, 2008

Of seventeen and zero

This is one of the incidences that deserve a post amid business.

The Lord has truly blessed me with an eventful and diverse eighteen years of living.

The first thing I thought of this morning as I woke up was how to set the bounds of an iterated integral. I am thankful for the math exam, even though I may have committed a lot of mistakes. I am thankful because without it, the only thing I would have thought of was how many greetings I will have received by the end of today, which is quite dumb. Good thing I got to my senses, and I let Jesus sign a resolution.

To be frank, I don't want to be an adult. Adulthood is filled with predicaments way beyond the capacities of an unprepared child. Read: I know nothing about ripening. When people teased me this morning, I told them I was born tonight at about 5-6 (says my birth certificate) so that I wasn't eighteen yet.

But thanks to Ria's statement "Di mo naman maeevade e," I welcomed an epiphany. Welcomed, but dismissed abruptly. I still don't want to be eighteen. I'm not excited with adult stuff like registration, night clubs, R18 films, and alcohol (These are all enumerated by friends). I may be two hundred sixteen months old, but I am younger at heart. The only thing I'm excited about being eighteen is that I can join TV game shows.

Thank God for life. Consider me seventeen still.

No comments: