Wednesday, June 04, 2008

So little time, so much to do

I'd like to spend my days with you
And if that day is not enough

Ok, enough. That song kind of stuck for a while years ago.
It' s funny how I'm not sleepy at this time of day (4:11 AM) at this time of life. I really should start sticking post-its on my laptop screen that scream: IT'S OVER. SUMMER'S OVER!!! So why the heck are you still bumming around like there's no tomorrow (or there is tomorrow)?

Summer for me was fun. I played a lot of games, watched a couple of films, listened to a dozen CDs. I never really went outdoors, so I was fulfilling my niche as the very attentive listener that I am to the COUCH!

Couch says "Hey Potato."
Ben says "Hey Couch."
Couch winks.
Ben says "We're meant to be."

Then Couch and I were together the entire summer left. I told her to listen to those bedtime stories I had wanted to finish, but we both got tired of Plato that we never got to Brunelleschi. I never even flicked that Musicophilia cover.

I told Couch I'm gonna make her cookies, so I did. With the help of Mrs. Fields (hahaha). I was mashed enough to not give her the avocados that Chef made for me. Mmm, the avocados are mine!

Well anyway we just watched and played. Watched Kyuu-kun deduce those out-of-this-world yet realistic mysteries. Played Cluedo a dozen gazillion battalion times!

And now I am turning into the worst student you could ever imagine. I never even bothered to open any textbook this summer (i.e., the gap between summer classes and 1st sem classes). But anyhow, my sleep deficiency shall take its toll when I grab the cookies downstairs and I start wobbling like the wirings of my iPod. I am in no position to make these gibberish glitterish! Hahaha, I need to take a break.

So now Couch is whispering, "Now that you're enrolled you're telling me that you need a break."
And then I say, "Shut up."

Then Couch says, "Oh my gawsh, I can't believe you're dumping me."
Then I say, "It's over, so kiss my ass goodbye."

Forgive me Couch, but I really have to end this. We are OVER.

No comments: